Monday, January 16, 2012

Pluto Moon Base Character Designs

So it's a new year and I'm hard at work on some new projects! A few are still being written and developed, but I have two that are actually in the penciling stage. The first project I'd like to share is a sci-fi comedy called Pluto Moon Base.

The origin for this comic goes back about 4-5 years when some friends and I (all of whom are in the entertainment industry) wanted to work on a low-budget, high cheese factor comedy in the same vein as Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. We would all be producing and acting in the 10 minute episodes that we planned to release online as a web series or video podcast. We went so far as to convert the unused garage of our rented Burbank house into the interior of the moon base, but alas not a single frame of crappy low-res video was ever shot before we had to move out. We were never able to find another location nor the time to continue working on the show, but a lot of the ideas we came up with have stayed with me. So here I am, years later, giving the concept another go in a new medium.

The artist on the book is Claudio Munoz. He's done an amazing job realizing all the ideas I jammed into the script. I'm especially happy with his great character designs, which came out a heck of a lot better than I had imagined. I hope to have more to show in the coming weeks and months, but until then check out Claudio's awesome character designs!

The crew (+ 1 visitor) of Pluto Moon Base

1 comment:

  1. That's cool Rob! Is the Doctor the one with the long hair?

    ReplyDelete