Sunday, June 19, 2011

At the Movies

Summer of 2011 is shaping up to be a season of hits and misses.

With Captain America on the way, adaptations are here to stay. And who am I to complain? Sure I keep my expectations low and just enjoy the ride, but there's maybe one movie out right now that I actually liked. A lot. And then there's the other ones that tried and didn't deliver. High hopes, especially on known comicbook titles lead to big let downs. Blockbusters are graced with a bloated budget to accommodate all the special effects (3D included) and the marketing hoopla. Problem is that the studios rely too much on fanboy enthusiasm that they think we won't notice the importance of story and character development. They are wrong. I was enticed enough to buy a ticket for a midnight screening and now I have to deal with whatever's put on the dim lit screen. But if I may protest, TRY HARDER.

No comments:

Post a Comment